Follow the adventures of a sad sad girl who graduated too soon and is suffering from nerd withdrawals. Also, she decided that having her
friends piece together what she's doing from sporadic and wildly dispersed postcards isn't going to work.

Friday, April 1, 2011

UC Davis, You're Adorable.

Look what I found waiting for me when I came home from a weekend of fun and adventure (and a crazy taekwondo tournament!) with my cousin. 

Yay, I love boxes.
When I was a kid, that would be my favorite present.  I'd hoard them like a crazy mofo.  We had a little area underneath our stairs (kind of life Harry Potter's room, but way more badass) behind the TV and that would be where I would store them.  I don't think I did anything with them.  I just liked collecting them and trying to fit in them. 

 A box from the Evolution and Ecology department?? What?


And inside the box is a super cute bag.  I think it's hilarious how many packages are needed for their graduation gift.  And then I think about someone actually going out and getting the little colored tissue paper, scrunching them up all nice, and then putting it in a bag.  Then I imagine them meticulously cushioning this bag with tons of those little bubble things (the ones that little kids like to pop and stuff...packaging goodness.  I gave it to my cousins, even though you're never too old to stomp on things that makes loud noises).



I've always wondered who would have so much pride that they would go out and buy a Davis license plate cover cause I would see them everywhere!  Now I know.  (Not that I'm complaining.  It's going to be the first thing I do to my future car! HEHE.)  

One quibble - I've been getting so many (well, like...1) offers on stoles and medals for graduation, but it's so after the fact that buying one is kind of petty, unless I want a new paperweight, or some shiny fabric to use later on. If you want to wear fancy graduation things, graduate in the Spring.  (I did get to take home the Major Leader badge, but that was because I was the only Soils Science major graduating.  Shhh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment