Follow the adventures of a sad sad girl who graduated too soon and is suffering from nerd withdrawals. Also, she decided that having her
friends piece together what she's doing from sporadic and wildly dispersed postcards isn't going to work.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

There's magic in the air

Or, at the very least, a magical invisible dragon blowing gust of winds at up to 30MPH.

After the tsunami, I've decided to give my grandparents more credit, and when they told me not to go out for a nightly jog, I've decided not to do it. Good thing.

From our lovely weather.gov:


A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT WINDS OF 30 MPH AND GUSTS OF 50 MPH
ARE EXPECTED. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT...
ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA CAUTION. BE
PREPARED FOR FALLING TREE BRANCHES AND LOCAL POWER OUTAGES.



My cousin: "It's strong enough to blow away a small baby."



This picture was taken at Nu'uana Pali Lookout, an area famous for it's high winds.  Clinton told me it's usually 15MPH.

Anyways, I decided to tell Dr. Anderson, the professor at Wake Forest I applied to, that today was a day as good as any to talk.  Everything went well, but man, was the wind super strong!  Halfway through he has to ask if I was in a wind tunnel.  Actually, maybe I was.  Wind and courtyards baffle me.  He also recommended me a super cool site on African soils.   I can't wait to intersperse reading cat papers by browsing through this. :D  I think I've read every technique available on stomach and scat content analysis by now.  

Back to the wind.  I'm not sure how 30MPH compare to Davis winds, since I checked the Davis weather station, and it said at maximum it gets to 31.  Is that still bikeable wind?  I remember one time I actually got blown over while biking on the sidewalk.  Super awkward. 



Blow away your finals!  HAHA.  Three more days left!  <3




No comments:

Post a Comment